The Special Needs Education course accomplishes the trainee on how to guide children with disabilities or impairments, about their behaviour that is appropriate and acceptable by society. In an inclusion classroom, students with disabilities and other special needs are taught with non-disabled students, instead of being isolated in a special education classroom. To help meet students’ varied needs, a special education
Units of Study
1. Special Education and Exceptional Children
2. Diagnosis, Assessment and Referral of Exceptional Children
3. Literacy; Numeracy and Adaptive Daily Living Skills
4. Behaviour and Classroom Management
5. Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Intervention Strategies
Who is this Course for?
Any individual who would like to be a specialist in SEN schools, nurseries or even colleges, offering great satisfaction and earning potential such as
- Teaching assistant
- Nursery nurse
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
- Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 4 in their area of specialism
- The minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT