- Curriculum Development Assessment and Evaluation
- Educational Psychology
- Policies and Professional Practice in Education
- Teaching and Learning Strategies for the Thinking Classroom
- Understanding Pedagogies – Learning Ways and Theories
Who is this course for?
Level 6 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organisations. It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice. Teaching practice is a requirement of the qualification.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Planning and developing schemes of work
- Delivering learning sessions
- Developing teaching and learning strategies
- Assessment practices
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
- Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 4 in their area of specialism
- The minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
- Access to 100 hours teaching practise whilst on the course