The early childhood stage is globally acknowledged as the most critical years for lifelong development since the pace of development in these years is extremely rapid. Early childhood development of several cognitive, social, and psycho-motor competencies, significantly contributes to later success in life. Early Childhood stage is also important as a foundation for the inculcation of social and personal habits and values, so we should ensure a sound footing of life. ECE refers to holistic and integrated childhood care and education.
Units of Study
- Understanding Child Psychology
- Objectives of Early Childhood Care and Education
- Principles of Learning
- Pedagogical Approaches
- Role of an Early Years Teacher
- Teaching methodologies
- Stimulating child-centred Programme
Who is this Course for?
Any individual who is willing to work as an early years practitioner.
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
- Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT